COVID-19 & Habitat
Last updated Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2020
Our number one priority is, and always has been, the safety of our staff, clients, volunteers, and supporters. All of us share the concerns surrounding the ever-changing situation with the Coronavirus, and we are taking additional precautionary steps to facilitate social distancing and limit community spread as shown below.
Additional protocols have been put in place throughout our facilities.
Current Homeowners: Habitat is here to support you. If you are experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID-19 and have concerns about paying your mortgage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Home Construction & Rock the Block – Home Repair Volunteers:
- We have adjusted our volunteer group size to a maximum of 10 people on site (7-8 volunteers maximum)
- We will not accept drop-in volunteers.
- In the interest of all individuals on site, we require face masks or face shields to be worn at all times while working. Habitat will have a supply of masks available to volunteers, but if you have your own, we encourage you to bring it with you.
- Our team is happy to provide a reminder of our policies during your volunteer shift, but if you are unable to adhere to the safety guidelines, we may ask you to leave and reschedule when you feel more comfortable to volunteer.
- Please be sure to monitor your exertion level to make sure you don’t overheat!
- Masks can be removed if you need a break and are at least 15-20 feet away from the volunteer group.
- Please bring your own water bottle and enough water to last throughout the day.
- We ask that volunteers do not bring communal food with them to share with others (coffee, pizza, donuts, etc). Any food brought on site should be for individual consumption or individually packaged to share.
ReStore Customers and Volunteers:
Both restore locations are now open Tuesday-Saturday, 10am to 6pm. Both stores will also continue online shopping with curbside pickup. see below for details.
In order to keep our employees and customers safe, we have created additional safety protocols. Please review and come ready to shop!
- Our new store hours are Tuesday-Saturday 10am-6pm.
- Masks will be required for all customers to enter.
- Restrooms will be closed to the public.
- The Tool Lending Library is open again with proper cleaning procedures.
- We have resumed donation pickups.
- Please come prepared to load items yourself.
Our number one priority is, and always has been, the safety of our ReStore employees and customers. The ReStores have taken increased measures to ensure that all who interact with the stores remain safe and healthy during the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).
We have committed to thorough and more frequent wipe downs of check out counters, credit card terminals, shopping carts in addition to our normal cleaning procedures.
- Minimum social distancing of 6 feet should be maintained.
- Floor decals will indicate 6 foot spacing for social distancing.
- Volunteers who have not pre-registered for their shift will be asked to leave.
- We require face masks to be worn in the ReStore(s) by all staff and volunteers. GDM Habitat will have a supply of masks available to volunteers, but if you have your own face mask from home we encourage you to bring it with you.
- While wearing face masks, be sure to monitor your heat and exertion levels to make sure you don’t overheat.
- Take breaks and hydrate as needed.
- We ask that volunteers do not bring communal food with them to share with others (coffee, pizza, donuts etc). Any food brought on site should be for individual consumption or individually packaged to share.
- Number of individuals in the breakroom will be limited. Specific guidelines will be posted in each breakroom.
- Please wipe down your work area before you leave at the end of your shift.
- Staff and volunteers at the front of the store must use the restrooms formally designated for the public and the back of the store must use the single stall restrooms.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the cashier station and drop-off areas in all stores.
- We ask that volunteers only assist with tasks in the designated area they signed up for, either front or back, to limit the chance of spreading the virus.
Take care of yourself and stay healthy! The best steps you can take are continued hand washing and staying home if you are feeling ill.
Thank you for your understanding of the fluidity of the circumstances as we continue to strive towards precaution and continue to support our Habitat team. We will update you of any changes in the situation.
Our hearts go out to those who have been affected by the outbreak.If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.