To start your donation, fill out our Donation Form.
Every item you donate to the ReStore helps provide funds that go toward GDM Habitat's mission to build homes, communities, and hope. We sell these items to the public at discounted prices. When you donate to the ReStores, you're helping fund Habitat’s mission to build safe, affordable homes in Greater Des Moines.
All donated goods are tax-deductible and can be dropped off at either of our locations.
Donations we accept:
- Ceiling fans
- Conduit (min. 6' long)
- Drywall and plywood
- Hardware (Standard, cabinet, electrical, etc)
- Light fixtures
- Lumber and trim (min. 6' long)
- Nails, screws, and bolts
- Paint/stain (full containers)
- Plumbing supplies
- PVC (min. 6' long)
- Sinks and faucets
- Tubs and showers
- Windows (new or aluminum/vinyl clad)
- Working appliances
Items we do not accept:
- Anything broken, stained or non-working
- Chemicals or hazardous items
- Clothing, linen, or curtains
- Commercial or fire-rated items
- Exercise equipment
- Fluorescent light fixtures, bulbs, or ballasts
- Glass or unframed mirrors
- Housewares or toys
- Mattresses and box springs
- Propane tanks or batteries
Kitchen Cabinet Deconstruction
Due to COVID-19, our Kitchen Cabinet Deconstruction program is currently on hiatus.
please no dumping
All donations must be accepted by an associate during our normal business hours. Dropping off materials outside of store hours is considered DUMPING, and is subject to a fine.
For more ways to donate to Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity, please Click here.
Tem & Lia
“This is our house, this is our home and it will make our lives better. We are thankful for Habitat in helping us buy a house.”
“As a homeowner, I will feel confidence. I will be powerful. I will be able to take care of my kids and help them be successful.”