Tool Lending Library
Interested in borrowing a tool? We have over 400 to choose from for you to maintain, repair, and improve your home. Our selection ranges from saws, drills, and mowers to paint sprayers, ladders, and even concrete mixers. Scroll down to read our policies and then download the application or pick up a copy at our E. Euclid ReStore. You will then need to bring your completed application to our E. Euclid ReStore, located at 2200 E. Euclid Ave. in Des Moines. Membership will allow you to check out any of the tools we have in stock, so apply today!
*Please note that the Tool Lending Library is located at the East Euclid ReStore*
Tools are loaned based on an annual membership fee rather than a per-tool rental.
We operate on a sliding-scale based on income. The membership fee is $200/year. Discounted memberships can be as low as $25 based on income qualifications.
Memberships are currently available to individual homeowners. Homeownership will be verified using the County Assessor’s website. Memberships cannot be issued to landlords, renters, contractors, or individuals for trade.
- Once you have downloaded and filled out your application, you will need to bring a photo ID when you submit your application in person at the East Euclid ReStore (2200 E. Euclid Ave., Des Moines, IA, 50317).
- Tools are loaned for 3 days at a time.
A deposit of up to $100 is required at the time the tool is loaned. Your deposit will be refunded when the tool is returned in clean working condition.
- There is a $10 fee per day for tools returned late.
- There is a $20 fee if the tool is not cleaned properly.
- Tools are loaned on a first-come-first-served-basis.
You may call ahead to see if a tool is available, but unfortunately, we cannot reserve it for you.
Tem & Lia
“This is our house, this is our home and it will make our lives better. We are thankful for Habitat in helping us buy a house.”
“As a homeowner, I will feel confidence. I will be powerful. I will be able to take care of my kids and help them be successful.”